There Is No Planet B
A Handbook for the Make or Break Years - Updated Edition
Author(s): Mike Berners-Lee
Publication Date: 21-01-2021
🚚 Free UK delivery on books (excluding sale). T&Cs apply.
Free click & collect on all orders.
Feeding the world, climate change, biodiversity, antibiotics, plastics, pandemics - the list of concerns seems endless. But what is most pressing, and what should we do first? Do we all need to become vegetarian? How can we fly in a low-carbon world? How can we take control of technology? And, given the global nature of the challenges we now face, what on Earth can any of us do, as individuals?
Mike Berners-Lee has crunched the numbers and plotted a course of action that is full of hope, practical, and enjoyable. This is the big-picture perspective on the environmental and economic challenges of our day, laid out in one place, and traced through to the underlying roots - questions of how we live and think.
- Updated edition of the bestselling environmental trade book
- This completely updated edition brings the reader even more handy tips on how to help combat the climate emergency and other environmental problems
- New to this edition: expanded 'What can I do?' section; Extinction Rebellion, school children marches, the role of protest; more for the business community on offsetting, carbon net zero, and investing; pandemics and COVID-19; Australian wildfires.
- Provides the big picture on environmental issues meeting the public's yearning for perspective and clarity about what is going on
- Offers a joined-up picture of how to improve humanity's existence on Earth: science, technology, economics, values, politics and more are all considered together, providing a coherent response that one discipline at a time can't give
- Provides an essential guide for everyone, from the layperson to policy makers